I am sitting at work with nothing to do. Thursday afternoons are generally quiet and so I have some time to update you on what we have been doing.
I got a new job working at Dr. John M. Epley's office - also known as the Portland Otologic Clinic. He specializes in Inner Ear balance, Vestibular disorders, Vertigo, Meneires and BPPV. It is a facinating office to work in. He is incredibly smart and known all over the world - especially Australia :)
Eric is finishing up his 3rd rotation. He will complete that on February 8th. Then he'll head down to Medford (White City in Southern Oregon) for three months to complete his last rotation. Then on May 17th he'll graduate - WAHOO !!! Finally, after 4 years of post University Education, he'll be a Doctor. I am so proud of him. He makes me so happy. I still can't believe I married someone so intelligent. He is incredible.
While Eric is in Medford I will be living with a wonderful friend who has so graciously forced me to live with her and her wonderful family. She has 4 children (3 boys and 1 girl). She said she didn't want me to leave the ward. I am really excited to live with her and her family. Because my work is from Monday to Thursday, I will spend Friday thru Sunday down in Medford with Eric and the working days I'll spend in Portland. Medford is about 4 hours away from Portland so there'll be a lot of driving but it'll be worth it and in 3 months it will all go away.
Levi is not enjoying being left in the house all day by herself. She doesn't like it at all but it is only 2-3 days a week. Eric has Monday's off and I have Friday's off. Sometimes Eric gets more off so it isn't too bad. Levi will be staying in Medford with Eric and I'll get to see my little girl on the weekends - it feels like joint custody - BLAH!! Oh well. She is a tough dog.
In February I'll finally turn as old as Eric while 2 months later he'll then turn another year older. He keeps telling me how old I am, I keep reminding him that he is always going to be older than me. We have realized that we are no longer the "young ones" - we have to try and mature and act like adults. Maybe when we have kids that will come but right now we aren't very good at it.
I think that is all we have been doing lately. Sorry we don't have very exciting pictures but we'll get there one day.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment