Friday, June 18, 2010

Bathroom Renovation

When we moved into this house the previous owners took the mirror in the downstairs 1/2 bath so I went to the store and got a new one. It was a nice black, simple one. When I went to put it in the bathroom I was not happy with the bathroom. It had wallpaper that had a diamond gold, silver and brown pattern and some marquee's on it. I have hated it since day 1. When I bought the new mirror to go in the bathroom and I didn't like it, I decided to change it so I stripped all the walls of the wallpaper and scraped off the glue. Then I spackled all the many holes in the wall. This was what the bathroom looked like after all that.

I thought that I had taken a picture of the bathroom as a "Before" picture but I didn't. It also had a old brown cupboard hanging on the wall. So after I stripped the walls I primed them and painted them a rusty blue color which looks really good.

Then I bought new fixtures and painted the old brown cupboard. I took the doors off the cupboard and turned it into a shelf.


It took just a couple of days. Eric wasn't to sure about it but as a good husband he let me complete it and he loves our new bathroom.


We love our new bathroom, it feels so grown up but anyways, onto the next project. Probably another bathroom or something but I've caught the home renovation bug!!





No comments: