Yesterday was 28 weeks and I had my 28 week Dr's appointment. I've been nervous for this appointment for a couple of weeks for a few reasons. 1) Easter and this kid has an appetite. I feel like I can never eat enough food. I never felt like that with Alyssa. 2) Contractions - I was nervous that I was dilated and would be put on bedrest. 3) Gestational Diabetes Test Results.Well luckily enough I passed my GD Test and don't have to do the 3 hour test which would be MISERABLE - I had to do that with Alyssa. I am having contractions but I am not dilating any and they did the Fetal Fibronectin test which checks to see if I am going to go into Labor in the next 2 weeks and it came back negative so I'm all clear there.
As far as the weight gain goes, I doubled my weight gain in the last 4 weeks. EEEKKK... Well, I am still under the weight gain that I am supposed to be at but I still feel horrible so I have to be careful with what I eat. Although, like I said before, this kid has quite the appetite.
I still can't believe that I have 12 weeks to go. I feel so big and this pregnancy is going SO SLOWLY!!! I hit the third trimester this week so we're in the home stretch. Alyssa was born 2 weeks early so we are hoping the same for this baby, that way Eric can take more time off work but if not, oh well. People have asked me if I am due soon, I just have to say no, 12 weeks to go. Although it doesn't make you feel so good when people say that. Because I have a short torso my babies just go straight out. It happened the same with Alyssa. Baby Mason is SO active. I love feeling him move. He is most active in the evening but it still doesn't stop me from sleeping. He loves it when Alyssa talks with him. He tends to get really active when she comes up to my belly to talk to him or kiss the belly. These two are going to be two little peas in a pod.
I am very excited to meet this little man. His bedroom is almost done. I can't wait to put it all together. I'll post pictures when it is done. We are so lucky to have this little guy come to our family. We can't wait to meet you, Mason!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment