Back Story: For Christmas my Mother In Law had asked us to get Alyssa the Little Peoples Farm set for Alyssa. We went to the store to get it but it was sold out so we got her the Happy House instead. (I hope that's ok, Diane) Anyways, when we opened the Happy House it had a brochure of all the other Little People sets we could get. Alyssa immediately saw the farm and started saying, I want the farm. Well, I couldn't very well just give it to her. She had to earn it. So I thought what better way to earn the farm than to learn to go potty.
So we made a chart and stuck it in the bathroom along with her potty. She would go every now and then on the potty if we asked her too but she wasn't committed. I wasn't going to push it because I was so sick with morning sickness and really wanted to wait to potty train until the spring time when it was warm enough to run around with just panties on. I also had no idea how to train a little girl to go potty which made me really nervous because I know that there are certain ways that really help a child and ways that really don't. I really don't want to screw this child up so I was really nervous to start potty training.
I talked with a few friends and learned some things. I found the farm on sale again so I decided to purchase it and put it on top of the fridge so she knew she could get it.
On Wednesday, Feb 9th, I was feeling good and asked Alyssa if she wanted to wear her diaper or her big girl panties. She said Big girl panties and so I told her she needed to use the potty if she was going to wear them. She had no problems. It started great. She had just a couple of accidents but pooped and peed in the potty and was doing great. Her chart was filling up nicely and she was doing loving every minute of it!!
Thursday was even better, just one accident because we were out and about and I didn't get her to the potty in time. Thursday night she was dry all night and woke up once to go potty in the night.
Friday we did great again, just one poopy incident but again dry all night.
Then this morning she woke up and went potty but she didn't want to put her 2nd last sticker on her chart. I wasn't going to force it but the second time she went potty she knew it was the last one and she could get her farm. She was SO SO excited!!!
Here she is with her potty chart all filled out. There were times when she put stickers on spaces that already had them so Eric and I put an extra sticker in an empty space. That's why there are SO many stickers on there.
After working so hard she finally gets her farm - YAY!!
Playing with her farm.
If she doesn't look super happy in the pictures, she really is. This poor little girl has a viral infection which has caused a nasty red rash on her face. The rash has almost gone but she still has a nasty runny nose and cough. She is such a trooper.My last concern was if she opens the farm will she still want to go potty, well she just proves that she still will go potty because she just went. I'm so so proud of this little munchkin.
I can't believe I have potty trained my first child and with plenty of time before the next one arrives.
The next challenge to conquer before the baby arrives is to put Alyssa in a big girl bed.... That one might be a little while. She loves her crib and I love having her in it!!
1 comment:
Way to go! I have loved having Alexis out of diapers! It's going to be hard to have to back to diapers in a few months but that's life right? We just put Alexis in a big girl bed, she has adjusted well. But it has taken a few nights of her falling out or getting up when it's nap time to play. But it has been nice not having to lift her up and out all the time. I am sure Alyssa will love it when the time comes, just know it might take some patience, but she will feel like such a big girl once you move her over. Good luck with it.
Post a Comment